Faridabad

About Faridabad

Faridabad was founded in A.D. 1607 by Shaikh Farid, treasurer of Jahangir, with the object of protecting the highway which passed through the town. Shaikh Farid built a fort, a tank and a mosque which are in runins. Later, it becomes the headquaters of a pargana which was held in jagir by the Ballabgarh ruler. The District Faridabad came on the map of Haryana on 15th August, 1979 as the 12th District of the state. The new District was carved out from erstwhile Gurgoan District.

Faridabad is about 25 Kilometers from Delhi in 28o 25' 16" North Latitude and 77o 18' 28" East Longitude. It is bounded by Union Territory of Delhi (National Capital) on its north, Palwal District in the south, Gurgaon District on the west and State of Utter Pradesh on its east. The river Yamuna separate the District Boundary on eastern side with UP State. Delhi-Agra National Highway No.2 (Shershah Suri Marg) passes through centre of District. There are three railway stations (viz. Faridabad Main, New Town and Ballabgarh) on the Delhi-Mathura triple track broad-gauge line of the Indian Railway.

Places of Tourist Interest :

Name of Place Distance From City Center

Raja Nahar Singh Palace

70 Kms

 

Book your car

Midsize Sedan Mercedes Car Mercedes Car Compact Sedan Compact Sedan Sub Compact Sub Compact MPV Minivan MPV Minivan Saloon Executive Saloon Executive
Full Size SUV 4*4 Mid Size Luxury Mid Size Luxury Super Car Super Car Executive Car Executive Car Limousines Limousines Economy Economy